- The TB-Speed project will carry out research activities aiming at reducing childhood mortality from TB by evaluating innovative and cost-effective TB diagnostic approaches for resource-limited settings.
- Implemented in seven countries of Africa and Asia: Cambodia, Cameroon, Côte d’Ivoire, Mozambique, Sierra Leone, Uganda, and Zambia.
- Its multidisciplinary consortium under the leadership of the University of Bordeaux associates researchers, technical experts, health professionals, public health program managers and NON-Governmental Organizations from both high-income countries and low- and middle-income countries.
2 Major Axes
Decentralisation of TB diagnosis at district level
Systematic TB detection in vulnerable children
- Local capacity building for clinical diagnosis of paediatric TB
- Enhancement of early detection of paediatric TB
- Increase in the number of reported cases
- Generation of relevant evidence on public health impact of the strategies